Saturday 10 May 2014

French C19th - first recruits!

These are my first troops completed for my French armies. Should be good for Crimea, Italy and Franco-Prussian wars.

First up are three batallions of the French Foreign Legion.

 No idea who made these, although looking a the guys at the back (who must be over a foot taller than their colleagues) I suspect that most of these are freikorps though I may be very wrong.
My order from Outpost arrived together with Tom Nutt's book on the French republican forces. It appears I've got the epaulettes wrong for my Legionnaire battalions so I have a little corrective work to do.

1st & 2nd battalion - red strap, green cresent, red fringe.
3rd battalion red strap, red cresent, green fringe.
 The red is called 'garance'  which I think is a deep terracotta  red or 'brick' red.

No comments:

Post a Comment