Saturday 10 May 2014

C19th Flags from East Riding Miniatures

Ordered some of  the von Fahnestock flags from ERM and they arrived the following day - awesome! I picked a selection suitable for the later half of the C19th. Can't find them anywhere else other than Crimean stuff from Navwar.


These are all hand-painted and reduced so they fit with the hand-painted figures! I found someone selling  flag cravats and tassles too - Maverick Models but the contents are not described so well so I'm going put in an order when I'm a little more flush.

Tried out the Fahnestock flags with this French one. Only just realised it's upside down - silly me! Used a paper clip to make the flagpole. Just need a finial and  tricolore cravat. Next time I'll try using some brass rod, hammered and filed to a point. I tried making tassles for my Austrians a few days ago with gold  thread. Hard work and they look a bit aenemic.

Here are three of my French command bases, just waiting for the men to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment